The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#61510 by ORWoody
Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:51 am
How does do_line get triggered? I have been using it for years since Bill D'Amico helped me with it.
I have it in a macro that I am writing and in this one, it has no effect. I thought that there might need to be some call made elsewhere in the macro, but I can't find anything in any other macros that looks outside the macro.
Here is my representative line: When I use something like "do_line[5]:= false;" (w/o quotes) the line still trails.
Thanks much,
Woody
#61511 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 am
Hello Woody,

I'm sorry I'm not directly familiar with "do_line". Do you know where it's declared? Perhaps you need to include another file?

MFM
#61513 by ORWoody
Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 am
I assume that is what it is.... doline.
It doesn't show up in the index of the manual in either form.
Thanks,
#61514 by ORWoody
Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 am
As I have been using it, it is a boolean that allows breaks in line elements so that all are part of a single group.
#61516 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:06 pm
The only reference to doline I found is in the DCAL sample DRAG.DCS.

It appears to be a boolean that determines whether or not a rubber-band line is drawn between the point picked and the cursor.