The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#66589 by PColl
Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:29 am
Eric(6) Python IDE – Tech.Doc vision and challenge

Ever heard of Eric IDE's Tech.Reports? [see at: http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/eric-documentation.html ]
Well, if you did, we'd welcome your feed-back.

You see, our original aim was rather ambitious, it had to do with the concept of Quality applied to the production of high-tech s/w. Indeed:
– As for foodstuff you have to declare and write on a label precisely what it is (origin, ingredients, production date, how to utilize it, …), so that any independent organization could check and measure the Quality of the product vs. its declared description (that is, vs. its documentation), …
– … so we intended to show that something like that could, and should, be done for s/w products too;
to the fair and real benefit of both Producers and Users.-

Now—while engaged authoring our last Report, about Eric(6)—we are not sure whether our efforts have gained any practical result, we don't know how much liking have we gained to such a vision. All we know is that, working along with the Eric's producer, we had the opportunity of showing such a vision, and that now we'd like to evaluate the result.
Your feed-back welcome. Thanks.
See you.
Studio - P.M.
#66596 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:17 pm
Unless Datacad LLC has indicated a desired move Datacad to a Python based development at some point in the past, I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I have never heard anyone here give any indication of interest in python based Datacad development and as such I would vote to mark this as another spam post. Can we nuke PColl's account please?