The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#72890 by dhs
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 pm
Hi,
Am wondering if anybody else has used ent_tran procedure?
I have found that I get different results if I use ent_tran to move/rotate some entities to what I get if I use the same transformation on a symbol (where the symbol contains the exact same entity which that I tried to ent_tran).
I am not using ent_tran on the symbol - I am simply assigning the modelling matrix to the symmod field of the symbol entity and that is working perfectly.
But when I use ent_tran on individual entities I am getting variable (and often incorrect) results with the same modelling matrix.
The entity types I am using are entln3 & entpln. I was pleased to see that ent_tranok returned true for polylines (which are not mentioned in the DCAL manual, but I think the modelling matrix for them was introduced in DataCAD13 so I expected that it might now be ok), but disappointed to find that the results were not correct (even with the basic 3d line entities).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David H