The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#74188 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 pm
With the changes being made for High DPI and display scaling will there be any foreseeable changes in max size for icons over 48x48? Just wondering if I should tweak my workflow to create things at a higher res if things might change in the near future. I don't have a High DPI screen now to use to test with but I am looking at getting one towards the end of the year and was going to start working on updating my toolbars now. My last batch of icons I made were all at 32x32 and shortly after the 48x48 size rolled out so I was a bit bummed. :lol:
#74191 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:54 pm
Hi Josh,

I don't believe that Mark has any immediate plans on producing a set of 64x64 icons, but with the direction that display technology is moving I certainly would not rule it out. I know that there are currently large-format 8K displays available, but not having one (nor likely to be obtaining one) I have no idea what our current crop of 48x48 icons look like on one. I can't imagine that a majority of our users would be willing to shell-out ~$4K+ for a monitor, so I really don't see it being an issue until their prices fall below ~$1K.

Bottom line is that I really see this as a non-issue for the foreseeable future. I've yet to hear from anyone running a 32" (or larger) 4K monitor complaining about the size of our icons.

Edit: You might want to create a thread in the DataCAD 20 Forum asking for opinions from users of large-format (~32"+) 4K monitors as to the usability of the current 48x48 icons. My 1920x1080 24" monitor is pretty low-tech given today's offerings.

Dave
#74204 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:59 pm
Cool Mark. I dig Axialis' products. Been using Icon Workshop for some time now but didn't see the release notes for IconGenerator. Been playing with some realistic icons for Datacad files recently. Was thinking about doing a flat/fluid set for the toolbars maybe after. This is the crap that keeps me up late at night when I can't sleep :lol:
Attachments
Datacad Icons.PNG