The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#75659 by dhs
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Only just noticed the "new" attribute types declared in URecords library for D4D. (new to me anyway ... I assume they've been there a while!)

I might like to explore the possibility of using a db_article at some stage, but I doubt that there is enough documentation for me to work out how to use it.

However I definitely have a use for the atr_str255 type in the Spaces macro that I am currently working on (had to use multiple atr_str attributes to store required information in Space Planner macro).
Does anybody knows if there is any additional database overhead in using atr_str255 over atr_str? If not then I don't see any point in using atr_str for any new attributes that I create.