The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#78379 by dhs
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:11 pm
My Shadow Analysis Macro is (finally) at a stage suitable for beta testing.

The macro does not draw shadows, but outputs spreadsheet information showing the percentage of the specified surface that is shaded by 1 or 2 groups of entities (e.g the first group may be existing structures etc while the second group could be proposed new structures).

The aim us to allow you to find the time(s)/date(s) when maximum (or minimum) shading will occur, or to see the effect of new construction throughout the year.

Further details of the macro can be found at https://www.dhsoftware.com.au/shadstat.htm.

I would be interested to hear from anybody interested in helping to test this macro (please email me at dhsoftware1@gmail.com).

Thank you,
David H.