The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#81579 by Joseph Baron
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:44 pm
This is probably a long shot but I'm looking for an updated 'builtin' procedure to set the PATH_SYM_INSERT path in dcadwin.ini.

I have an older DCAL macro that used writeIniStr() to set that string but now with the dcadwin.ini 'locked' when DataCAD is open that function hasn't worked in a while.

It's a macro that saves & retreives multiple symbols 'on the fly' and I'm just looking to make this usable again.
#81580 by dhs
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:17 pm
Hi Joseph,

I'm not aware of any classic dcal procedure to change the symbol insert path. I had a look in D4D also, but cannot find anything suitable there either (there is a sympath1 field in PGSavevar^ which I thought may be what you wanted, but it proved not to be the case - I really don't know what it is as it contains a path that does not even exist when I examine it).

I must admit I'm not really sure why you need this. I might mis-understand what you are trying to do, but both sym_read and sym_write procedures have an fname parameter which I believe can include the full path?

Regards,
David H.