The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#8196 by Tim Latto
Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:34 am
Do I need to take any precautions or special savings before I upgrade.
I have DC 11, and I have several files that I need. Also, I am wondering about any other precautions, such as symbols, that I may need to take.
#8197 by Paul Nida
Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:52 am
There are not really any precautions you need to take. Just make sure you install 11 in its own folder. That way you don't overwrite anything and you can run version 10 and 11 at the same time. Just copy over and convert your hatch paterns, linetype files etc.
#8199 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:56 am
Hi Tim,

I would urge you to buy a new hard drive and install XP on it, and then transfer your data files. This will take about a day (because you have to install all your current software), but it will likely be a better running machine. And it safeguards your data.
#8224 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:16 pm
Neil has the best tip, Tim.

And you will soon need a backup hard disk for the inevitable data increment will experiment with Windows XP programs.

It worths the effort and value to spend.

Thanks,
Miguel