The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#10713 by rod_walker
Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:36 am
Hi,
the statement
Code: Select all rubln:=true;

results in 'left side cannot be assigned to.'
I had a quick look through the AEC_MODL samples which uses
rubln^:=true a pointer; but I am too lazy to wade through the logic.
UInterfaces.pas lists rubln as Function rubln:boolean; stdcall; external AppName 'GetSetRubln';
Any advice.
Thanks
Rod Walker
#10714 by devinder
Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:12 am
Rubln and Rubbx are functions which returns pointer to a boolean. To access the value, you must use dereference this pointer for boolean type and thus you have to use ^ notation. Your Uinterfaces.pas seems to be wrong, the correct declaration should be as follow:

Code: Select allFunction rubln: Pboolean; stdcall; external AppName Name 'GetSetRubln';

Yours define as a boolean whereas it should be PBoolean. If this is the case I would suggest you to get the header files again from http://www.datacad.com/ddn/downloads/DCAL%20for%20Delphi.zip

Using pointers this variable directly interfaces with the variable that is internally used in DataCAD.

Hope this helps.
#10737 by rod_walker
Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:28 pm
Hi,
I am using Delphi 4. When I initially installed Dcal for Delphi I had error messages about pboolean being undefined (or something like that), so I changed pboolean to boolean.
I will download latest version and try again
Thanks
Rod Walker
#10738 by devinder
Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm
if pboolean is undefined in your Delphi 4, you can add the following to URecords.pas

Code: Select allpboolean = ^boolean;

immediately after the declaration "type".
#10765 by rod_walker
Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:13 pm
Thanks Devinder,
added pointer as you advised. System working.

Rod Waker