The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#997 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:23 am
Hello,

Anyone knows about a good (and unexpensive) compiler for DCAL for Delphi ?

Thanks.
#1045 by devinder
Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:55 am
Greetings,
You can download Delphi 6 personal edition from
http://www.borland.com/products/downloa ... elphi.html
and obtain the key from borland using a simple registration process. Please ensure to download the latest patches to 6.2 before you build your applications.

IMPORTANT NOTE : This personal edition is ONLY for PERSONAL USE and NOT for COMMERCIAL USE. Please read the license agreement.

You can search on Ebay to find a good price on Delphi. Though we have tested with only Delphi Ver 6, other versions of Delphi should work just fine, with some changes in the header files depending on the version you get.
#1053 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:19 pm
I don't see a link to the Ver 6 Personal edition at the location. I'm I missing it?
#1054 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:36 pm
Nevermind I found a copy. Thx
#1056 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:46 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Nevermind I found a copy. Thx

Hello Josh,

I couldn't get a copy on the address indicated by Devinder. Do you ?
If you have an alternative address, please tell me.

TIA
#1057 by devinder
Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:56 pm
If you see the second table which says "Keys Only" . Delphi 6 is the last line in this table i.e.
Personal Windows 6 06/01/2002
#1058 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:10 pm
I've tested that place, and forwarded a request for registering the license.
This is only for the "keys" and I guess it fits to who has already a CD-ROM with the software.

Thanks Devinder.
#1064 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:23 pm
Try this link
http://static.hugi.is/forritun/BorlandD ... dition.exe

You will need to do the form to get the serial emailed to you. I have not been able to register the program as it fails to comunicate to the server, so I can not get the Update Pack 2. Looking now for that update on the web. I'll keep you posted, unless someone here can send us a link to download it :mrgreen:
#1081 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:14 am
I've been happier with the key number.
They posted it to me just minutes after I have tried to access by the "only Keys" section on the Borland Website.

As long as it takes results I'll keep you informed.

Thanks.
#9415 by Jsosnowski
Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:58 am
I recently tried to download the Delphi personal software. Version 2006 is now published and the download sites load a copy of 2006. Borland does not have a copy of 2006 personal available. The download key for 2005 does not work with 2006. Does anyone have a copy or a site where I can get a copy of Delphi 2005? THANKS