The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#23067 by Greg Blandin
Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:12 am
Hey guys,

We are in the process of getting a new plotter, and the type we've decided to go with does not include any type of print counter. Basically we want to keep track of how many prints we do for each job we have.

We've looked at 3rd party software, but they are kinda bloated and expect things that I consider outrageous.

I have a couple of questions for you guys...

1) Has there been anything written in DCAL that might handle this?

2) Could DCAL handle this?

3) Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Greg
#23182 by Jsosnowski
Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:08 am
I do not know if anything was ever written along this line, IF it exists, it would probably show up in the DBUG materials.

To write such a macro is not terribly difficult, it would only require a simple data table. The main problem I see is insuring that everyone automatically used it. A mcaro could be designed to solicity print information such as a job number and update the data table, before calling the main printing menu, but calls to DataCad menus cannot be monitored by a macro since it is not operational until it is called and DataCad will close the macro as other activities in the program continue after plotting.

StudioPM has been doing a lot of research into DataCAd, perhaps he has some ideas.