The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#27401 by devinder
Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:39 am
In your email you mentioned you are using DataCAD 10 and we all were testing on DataCAD 11/12. DataCAD 10 does not handle hints and thus this problem. Do you have any example macro where hints are displayed in DataCAD 10?
#27419 by Jsosnowski
Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:13 pm
I ran a downloaded copy of Roof-it and it handled flyout windows in version 10 correctly. I noticed in the code for roof-it that it handles lables and lblmessages using a separate module and assigns the messages by number referenced to a stringlist generated at start-up. When I was trying to figure this out, I was going to try loading the message string into memory using a variable and testing it in a lblmsg to see if that affected the flyout display ( I didn't get around to this test).
#27422 by devinder
Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:26 pm
Try using getpoint rather than getesc. The problem could be in getesc call. I am not versed in writing/compiling old DCAL macros.