The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#26755 by Jsosnowski
Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:33 am
I am writing a macro in the original Legacy version of DCAL (from Datacad version 9), something I have not done i n quite a while and hit a small bug.

To generate menus I have used the steps:
lblsinit;
lblset (1, name);
lblmsg (1, 'A message');
lblshow;

When the macro operates, the menu item shows up, but the message will not appear either in the message area at the bottom of the screen or as a hint adjacent to the function key menu. Is there a setting or something that I have neglected?
#26757 by Jon C. Hubart
Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:19 pm
This may be a typo but I think you should be using lblson not lblshow.
#26758 by Jsosnowski
Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:27 pm
It is a typo. I used lblson;
#27194 by Jsosnowski
Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:42 am
OK I got back to this problem after a few days and still cannot see why the messages do not appear when the mouse is over a menu button. What am I missing? :oops:

Here is an example that fails:

Program test;
VAR
Done : Boolean;
Key : integer;

PROCEDURE doLbls;
BEGIN
lblsinit;
lblset ( 1, 'File');
lblmsg (1, 'Select File');
lblsett (10, 'DoLyrs', true);
lblmsg (10, 'DO something');
lblset (20, 'Exit');
wrtlvl ('TEST');
lblson;
END doLbls;

PROCEDURE doesc;
VAR
Kaput : boolean;
Tempoffset : real;
BEGIN
IF key = s0 THEN
done := true;
END;
END doesc;

BEGIN
Done := false;
Repeat
doLbls;
getesc (key);
doesc;
until done;
END test.
#27196 by Jon C. Hubart
Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 am
See the attached image.

When I compile the test you sent I am seeing flyouts and the message at the bottom of the screen. Are these what you are referring to? The "Select File" messages?
#27197 by Jon C. Hubart
Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:17 am
The only thing I can think of is an interface problem. You mention "the message area" in your original post but these messages are displayed on the "Coordinates / Hints" toolbar. Do you have that one turned on?

As for the flyouts, do you have your tooltips, Display Delay set too far to the right? Try moving it all the way left and see if that helps.
#27223 by Jsosnowski
Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:56 pm
I received your macro and tested it on my machine. No flyouts. There is definitely something squirrelly at my end. It must be a setting, but I can't find it. First time anything's ever gone wrong ......

Thanks
#27310 by devinder
Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:03 pm
#27383 by Jsosnowski
Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:50 pm
I forwarded the macro and inin file to tech. support.