The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#27084 by Jsosnowski
Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:01 pm
Does anyone know how to generate a shaded associated hatch pattern rather than a scalLine pattern (Lines and dashed lines)? My intent is to generate a solid fill in an enclosed area that remains solid regardless of the scale plotted.

It is also unclear how to go about creating an associated hatch pattern.

Has anyone explored this?
#27085 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:14 pm
Not sure I understand your first question, but I think SBF is what your looking for. If your including a hatch pattern in your SBF polyline there is an option in the Hatch Type to lock the scale which might be what your looking for.

As for hatch creation, I've had good luck with Hatch Kit. It's $96 bucks now, so it's a little expensive and it's a little finicky. There was on other program that I found that created autocad patterns, but it was a pain to use and then convert.
#27087 by Jsosnowski
Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:31 pm
THANKS! (but),

My questions are regarding DCAL programming access to hatching.

I am trying to generate the hatch inside a DCAL routine. There is only one procedure associated with hatching (Hatch_Mode) and it is unclear if there is a scanline definition or other means for identifying the hatch pattern as an SBF fill. A fill would plot as a solid area regardless of what scale a user is working at. An actual hatch pattern would require rescaling to plot as a solid area.

I had not realized before that hatching is not identified as a separate entity type in DCAL. ALthough it takes other entities or a border to generate an assoicated hatch, once it is created, the orignal entities are not needed and it stands alone. It must be associated with another type such as polyline (entering borders is very similar/identical to polyline entry), but it is unclear how to generate or manage it.
#27089 by devinder
Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:22 pm
The current DCAL does not allow associative hatch. For Solid Fill please see Arrow.dpr sample project.
#27093 by Jsosnowski
Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:19 pm
Thanks!!

Does this attribute setting work only for V11 & 12 or does it go back to V9?
#27097 by devinder
Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:10 pm
This will work for 11 and 12. I am unsure about 9 and 10 because of database change in 11.