The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#27513 by Jon C. Hubart
Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:22 am
ENCOURAGEMENT!

I have written and edited several macros in the old format but have been daunted by the task of learning the new format.
#27518 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:48 am
Hello Pietro,

You have my encouragement, as well.

Wouldn't you be interested in getting current tutorial for updating it to the new language ?

I believe we can entice several new developers if we could have an updated friendly introduction to DCAL for Delphi.

Be strong Mr. Moras!
Miguel
#27536 by Jon C. Hubart
Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:08 pm
I know that typically users want there options built-in to the program but for those wanting to learn the new DCAL format I think it would be good for Dave/Devinder to program some new functions using DCAL instead and make the code public.

In my experience it was the availability of functional code in the old format that was the biggest help in getting me going on my own macros.
#27569 by Jon C. Hubart
Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:42 am
Unfortunately, I am probably not the best source for feed back as I have no experience with Delphi programing. I am coming at this cold except for my knowledge of legacy DCAL. I plan to dig in but it will be slow going for sure. Hopefully someone with Delphi knowledge can step forward.