The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#28057 by Jsosnowski
Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:22 am
I have been adding/changing features to a macro. It worked yesterday.
Today, it will not compile. The Code is correct, it passes through DCC1 without any error. However it fails in DCC2. The screen shows several lines of asteriks and then the error line "Unable to add external reference. There are several modules to the macro and all the external declarations for procedure declarations in those modules (*.inc files) are added in the DCC1 run. I believe that the error message must refer to some code in the in the changed text in the main MOdule. since the failure occurs befor linking the main and other modules in DCL.

The problem is that I have been over this very carefully and the procedures in this section are all either in the DCAl manual or properly addressed in the include files. Does anyone have a hint as to what could be going on?
#28065 by Jsosnowski
Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:12 am
Well, I found it! It took quite a bit of time and I missed it because it was so simple.

I left the word "Public" off of one of the functions I had declared as external. These compilers are sooo finicky. :oops: