The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#30559 by Jsosnowski
Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:48 pm
I am looking for a way to find the basic settings for Datacad at startup. I cannot find a variable set that tells DCAL which cale type is being used as defined in the Settings Menu Ditto angles. Are there registry settings or an ini file that contains this info.

I am working on a couple of VCL components to handle distances and angles and displays vary according to current settings. Thanks for any comments!
#30560 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:03 pm
Greetings Joe,

You can edit both the scales and angles while in any drawing file, and then save the revised lists as your new defaults. They will then be loaded into any drawings that use the default lists.

The one caveat is for the scales: changing this can affect any MSP sheets, since the scales are "order dependent". If you want to avoid this, save the scales as a new name, and then load that file into your default drawing file(s) -- so that any new drawings you start will use the revised scales list. Also, you can just load this list into any current drawings that you need it in.

Do all this in the Settings/Edit Defs menu. IHTH
#30584 by Jsosnowski
Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:55 pm
Thanks,
It was late on a Friday, and I think I did not ask the question correctly.

I am familiar with the distance and angle files. What I am looking for is a global variabel that can be read by DCAL and tells it what the current scale and angle type settings are (eg. architect would express a value as 1'-3" while an engineering style might identify it as 1.25'. Metric, of course would identiy it in meters or centimeters, etc...). These types correspond to the options identified in the Settings menu such as architectural, engineering, metric etc... I am working on a macro for D4D that will generate some angles and dimensions and I want them formated to match whatever type of format the user is currently working with.
#30595 by devinder
Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:49 am
Hello Jsosnowski,
You need to use the following functions:
For angles - cvangst
For distances - cvdisst
#30596 by Jon C. Hubart
Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:55 am
I'm not sure how this translates to D4D but here is the classic DCAL information.

Here is the angle info from classic DCAL:
anglestyle : Integer;
Controls DataCAD's current angle style:
0 Degrees, Minutes, Seconds
1 Bearings
2 Not used
3 Decimal Degrees
4 Radians
5 Gradians

Here is the scale info from classic DCAL:
scaletype : Integer;
Controls DataCAD's current scale type: