The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#34536 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:06 pm
I am setting up a system for a co-worker who has bad eyesight. One of the final things I would like to do for him is change the layer manager icons. Using the external icons, has worked really well for everything but the layer manager. The external icons icons show in the toolbar folder, but they do not seem to work for the icons within the layer list. I have been able to replace the RC data in the executable and got that to work but it's a little slow going swapping them out and I would have to do it every time there is an update, which I really don't want to do. Should those external icons work, or is it probably not possible at this point? Thanks for any ideas.

#34539 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:20 pm
Hello Josh:

If you want to use external bitmaps for the Layer Manager icons, you have to add the following entry to the [Layer Manager] section of DCADWIN.INI.

ReadBitmaps=TRUE
; If TRUE, DataCAD will use external bitmaps for the icons in the Layer Manager.
; LayerOn.png, LayerOff.png, LayerActive.png, LayerErase.png, LayerLock.png, and LayerUnlock.png.