The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#41182 by rod_walker
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:30 am
Hello,
The f6 Link option needs to take into account the linking of modules.
For example I have a program detailer.dcs which uses symcreat.dcs and menuscal.dcs. The latter two symcreat and menuscal are declared as MODULE in the first line of their source code, detailer is declared as a program.
When linking, the first name used by dcl.exe, must be a program. The module names follow seperated by a comma, the list being terminated by the ';'

So the development involves compiling the dco files for each and then creating the .dcx file (In my case detailer.dcx) via the command:

dcl detailer,symcreat,menuscal;

Modules are often developed as PROGRAM in the development testing process; but then will be recompiled as MODULE to form the .dco file.

F1 Init New should simply allow the user to start a new PROGRAM, or MODULE. The inclusion of #include files in a default new application is unnecessary. A lot of the procedures included in the INCLUDE files are now BUILTIN the compiler.

Regards
Rod Walker
#41271 by Jon C. Hubart
Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:32 pm
This may be due to the fact that I am running Windows XP64 but I am getting no results from this tool.

I extracted the zip to a folder on my desktop.
I opened the recommended aec file \XBuilder Tester\myDrawing.aec
I opened the macro and see the menu.
I selected Open and picked ARROW.DCS from the myApp Lab folder.
The screen reads "Open Application: ARROW"
At this point I can Edit the dcs and WordPad opens with the macro displayed.

When I select Compile a DOS screen flashes by and a pop-up appears labeled "Compile Log" with an "OK" button. When I select Show C-Log the log that comes up (XCompile.rtf) is blank. When I select Link the screen reads "Link Application: unavailable Object file". The show L-Log does nothing at this point and Run displays "Run Application: unavailable".

What am I missing?
#41273 by Jon C. Hubart
Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:54 pm
My problem was related to XP64. I tried the macro on a standard XP station and got what appears to be successful results.

I tried doing a manual compile of my macro and get an error message stating that dcc.exe is not compatible with 64-bit versions of windows.