The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#41178 by rod_walker
Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:16 pm
Stack overflow occurs due to' memory problems'. Since Wndows XP this has become more of a problem trying to run an old DOS program in the Windows environement.

The Dcal compiler uses a two pass process. Dcc.exe calls dcc1.exe followed by dcc2.exe generating extra memory overhead.

The solution is to reduce memory usage by calling dcc1.exe to generate the .dci file followed by dcc2.exe to generate the .dco file.

eg to compile a dcal program test.dcs

dcc1.exe test
If successful then
dcc2.exe test

This is best achieved by a batchfile command sequence.

Regards
Rod Walker
#41741 by Vicente T. Fernandes
Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:34 pm
I received the message 'stack overflow' when I tried to compile with DCC in Windows XP Home Edition. See "Stack Overflow" topics in forum, I send a question about that. I received that message also when I used XBUILDER (XBUILDER uses DCC compiler). The system is WinXP Home.

Support DCAL answer:

"
Hello Vicente:

Please refer to the updated tutorial on the DDN site. DCC.EXE is not compatible with the command prompt in Windows.

Instead…

Type,

DCC1 TESTE

Then type,

DCC2 TESTE

Finally type,

DCL TESTE;

You should be able to compile your test macro using these three separate steps.

DCAL Tutorial

http://www.datacad.com/ddn/tutorial/dcal_tut.htm

Thank You,

MFM