The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#42527 by rod_walker
Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:20 pm
Hello Pietro,
I do not agree that the different way the function menu and command menu operate is a 'bug'. The command drop down menu allows the user to have access to their commonly used macros, even if they are in different folders.

The function menu pathname is controlled by the constant pathmcr. (in the case of macros).

So a user will add a commonly used macro by the 'configure' option in the command menu.
The problem with Xbuilder is that after adding it to the command menu it changes the function menu path. Not what the DataCAD user expects to happen, so the 'bug' is in Xbuilder.

Accessing other macros from the command menu does not change the function menu path (commonly \datacad 12\macros). Xbuilder does which is very annoying.

Regards
Rod Walker
#42758 by rod_walker
Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:44 am
Pietro wrote..
t's obvious that, given the current condition, DCAL would have a future only if a strong, positive reaction come from a bunch of new, qualified developers of good will. Looking forward...

I do not understand your reply. Do members always have to agree with you?
The point about XBuilder altering pathnames is valid and is not a bug in Dcal or DataCAD. XBuilder is a great idea. Has any body else offered feedback?

I assure you I have 'goodwilll' as my posts to the forum will show, and I apreciate the replies recieved from the forum when I have queries.

Regards
Rod Walker