The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#210 by rod_walker
Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:55 am
Is there any documenation on Dcal for Delphi, apart from the sample macros arrows?
A mini manual would be helpful.
Is the DDN developers Forum open?

Regards
Rod Walker
#1047 by devinder
Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:19 am
Hello,
The old documentation for DCAL has not yet been updated for new DCAL. Most of the DataCAD API documentation is the same. Currently Delphi is the only compatible compiler for creating DCAL macros, you will need to learn how to program in Delphi which is almost similar to old DCAL programming language with a lot more. From the old documentation then you can skip parts which are realted to programming and simply learn DataCAD API's. The old documentation is available at
http://www.datacad.com/ddn/dcal_ref.htm
#5141 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:36 pm
Hello Devinder,

We are completing six months of your last message for this subject "DCAL Manual".

Do you have any news for us of an updated version of the official manual of DCAL for Delphi ?

Thanks,
Miguel
#8831 by ORWoody
Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:36 am
I have seen a couple of mentions for Delphi and am "sort of" interested in learning more about it. I won't pretend to be a programmer of much worth and have not had reason to do any Pascal since I finished my EZ_Elevs macro several years ago. I assume that I'll really need to bone up on Pascal before approaching Delphi.

Last night, I decided to start reviewing and pulled out my EZ_Elevs source code. Since EZ_Elevs was done as a suite of modules linked under one macro, I thought a good place to start would be to take each module and make it into a separate program.

I went through the DCC1 and DCC2 process for the first module. Then, when I went to the DCL stage, I got the "Object module" query. Durn... I remember seeing that eight or nine years ago when I first tried playing in DCAL and recall that it was simple, simple, simple to resolve, but could not remember what I was supposed to do.

If you know what I do, please respond to me here at orwoody@ev1.net and at oran.woody@cityofhouston.net (I'll be at the office much of the weekend).

Should you have any suggestions as to how to move to Delphi, please feel free to pass them along.

Also, since EZ_Elevs is just 2D, is there any reason to convert it to Delphi (if that is the right way to say it). I think in DCAL and assume that DCAL is just a Pascal oriented compiler. Will there be a compiler put out by DataCAD that is Delphi based?

Thanks much,

Woody