The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#47473 by Joseph Baron
Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:43 pm
How about posting a quick video on the capabilities of your DBuild? 8)
#47507 by Joseph Baron
Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:16 pm
Seems a little strange to me, all the content in your previous posts have been wiped out... :shock:
#47516 by Michael Olney
Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:08 pm
It looks like he edited his posts to remove everything that he had posted
#47525 by Joseph Baron
Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:13 am
Michael Olney wrote:It looks like he edited his posts to remove everything that he had posted

I have to say that's an 'internet first' for me, I've never seen such, people wanting to HIDE what they posted.....
#47981 by PColl
Sat May 15, 2010 5:39 am
I miss such refreshing DDN posts as those by Jsosnoski (Oct. 09, 2009) and JimCricket (...).
Got bored...
- P.C.
#49110 by rod_walker
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:04 pm
I am just waiting for my update to DataCAD X3 to see how it handles the 'old' Dcal macros. Hope this arrives early next week.
My major project is to convert my roofTuss macro into a 3D version. Also improve my dimtrim macro (trims associated dims to a set line or extension length)

Regards
Rod Walker
#50165 by PColl
Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:27 am
rod_walker wrote:the 'old' Dcal macros.
Well, my call was for possibly brand NEW projects, if any...
Anyhow, now, what about your “old” ones?
P.Coll
#50386 by PColl
Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:33 am
Rather quiet this DCAL Forum, does anyone care? ...
P.Coll
#50492 by PColl
Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:21 am
PColl wrote:Rather quiet this DCAL Forum, does anyone care? ...
Again, does anybody care?
- P.Coll
#50494 by MtnArch
Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:25 am
I'm sure some do, but not sure why no one else has responded.

I don't know anything about DCAL, but thought at least SOMEBODY should respond to you.
#50560 by Jsosnowski
Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:11 am
MtnArch wrote:I'm sure some do, but not sure why no one else has responded.

I don't know anything about DCAL, but thought at least SOMEBODY should respond to you.

pcoll is Pietro Moras aka Jim Cricket, guest, etc... He has been around the Datacad forum site for four years and has done some interesting work to promote DCAl for DOS programming, including a reference manual and some online instruction attempts on this forum. Several people have tried collaborating with him, but from my experience it is difficult.

It may be that no-one is responding because there is little to say. Several threads have discussed the concerns regarding DCAL and its use in applications including several posts from me early in this thread.
#50573 by rod_walker
Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:45 pm
Programming takes time and effort. The beauty of using the old DCAL is that it has a good manual provided by dataCAD.
We tend to write routines to speed up repetitve boring tasks. Why is it quiet on this forum? I don't know. It is not the place for advertising so I am reluctant to post what macros I have.
If I have a problem with a task then I query here and generally get a response. Maybe old DCAL is so good that there are not many problems.

Rod Walker