Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#79963 by cblair
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:05 am
I have most issues squared up when importing DWG from my engineer. However, the ASSOC DIMS remain tiny when imported. I do a change/Text Size
and Mask by AssocDim to change them all. Any settings I'm missing on the import to the empty DataCad 21 file? Thank you.
#79966 by ggogan
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:37 pm
Hello, I've been working with autocad guys importing and exporting. One of them is saying all of my exports are opening under Autocad 2020 but say the files are read only. I see no setting asking me if I want to restrict it to read only.
Has anyone reported this and is there a way to avoid it?
#79967 by MtnArch
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:23 pm
It could be another of AutoCAD's way of saying "Hey, you didn't create this in Acad so we're restricting it!"
#79968 by Dave
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:57 am
ggogan wrote: the files are read only

Are they saving the attachment to a folder before opening. If they are just double clicking on the attachment then that could be the problem. It may be opening from the temp folder. Have seen the same sort of thing with excel files.

DaveR
#79971 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:09 pm
Are the files actually marked Read-only if you / they view the files properties in Windows?

Another thing to have them check is sometimes Windows will add a block to files downloaded from the internet which can reduce the functionality of a file. Have them try Right-Clicking on one of the files and select Properties with the issue, and see if the file has a Security warning as shown in the image below. If it does, have them check the Unblock box and Apply button and then try the files again.
Attachments
2021-07-30_100627.jpg
2021-07-30_100627.jpg (165.2 KiB) Viewed 8094 times
#79972 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:24 pm
Also sorry cblair, looks like your original question was drug off topic. :oops:

Your issue I believe is usually due to a scaling difference between Autocad and Datacad. I have a toolbar macro that goes thru and changes all of the dimension settings to my standard dim settings. and I just do an Area over all of the Assoc. Dims. It doesn't set everything, but could be tweaked to meet your needs.

Code: Select allHint03=Rescale Dimensions
Icon03=Dim - Rescale Dimensions-32
A03=^;^F0^S9^F8^F1^..1/8$^S5^..1/32$^S0^F9^F7^..3/16$^F8^..1/16$^F0^..1/16$^S0^F0^F5^0.5$^S0^

If you need a primer on macros, I have a little something written on my website here. If you need more help setting up a toolbar button or a Macro Alias, ask here on the forum and we'll get you squared away.
#80553 by joshhuggins
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:50 pm
cblair wrote:Josh, is your website down? Getting 404 messages.

Yeah, I am moving my site from GoDaddy to SiteGround. I have been super busy & just have not had a chance to get things put back up yet. Have had family health issues, moved into a fixed upper and work is boomin', which is great. It's probably going to be at least a month or two I would guess, sorry. :(

You can read that post here on the Internet Archive (man I love that site)
https://web.archive.org/web/20210508172 ... -toolbars/