Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#46196 by Michael Olney
Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:58 pm
I don't have much experience with AutoCAD and I really haven't imported full drawings into DataCAD much, so I might just be missing a setting somewhere.

I have a site plan that I received from a civil engineer. In the DWG TruView 2010 it shows the contour lines, however, when I import the same DWG file into DataCAD 12, the contour lines are missing. I've checked the layer manager and it say that there are 0 entities in the contour layers, so, it would seem, these entities must not have survived the translation process.

Can anyone think of a setting that I am missing or of some other way that I can get these contour lines to import into DataCAD?
#46197 by Paul Nida
Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:05 pm
They are probably what ACAD calls proxy entities put into the drawing by the software that the engineer is using. These do not translate to DCAD. The only way I know to get those into DCAD is to have the engineeer to explode them to polylines before he gives you the drawing file.
#46199 by Michael Olney
Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:14 pm
Thanks for the reply, Paul. With the information that you provided, I was able to get them imported.
#46203 by Paul Nida
Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:43 pm
You're welcome, glad I could help.