Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#48124 by rlmorton
Fri May 21, 2010 11:53 am
As I continue to buck the norm and refuse to become assimilated by the autocad community - I am seeing a need to learn the program so i can personally tweak an autocad file vs. going back to the drafter for every minor change - but am reluctant to pay for a full program -

I am curious to know what support cad programs are typically used in other Datacad Offices.
thanks
rick
#48140 by joshhuggins
Fri May 21, 2010 5:40 pm
We use the free Autodesk DWG viewer TrueView which has a feature to convert the DWG formats down to older ones which works pretty good at dumbing down the files for use in Datacad. If the file still needs more tweaking, we use the converter to dumb the file down to Autocad 2002 which we have a Autocad 2002LT version to do more complex tweaks. You could probably get a copy of Autocad or LT 2004 or newer at a pretty good price to do something similar.
#48146 by MtnArch
Fri May 21, 2010 9:42 pm
Using Dcad to translate is always the cheapest route! For a paid Acad-like clone, I prefer BricsCad. If you're looking for free, you could try DoubleCad XT.