Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#53960 by chipn
Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:16 pm
I guess I'm a dinosaur here but I've been using Datacad 10 for years and then all of a sudden I cannot export to dxf or dwg correctly. When I export all my layer get transfered into one layer on the new file. All the information is there, but it all in the same layer. What did I do. I reinstalled Datacad with no change.
#54029 by Nick Pyner
Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:13 pm
DataCad has been exporting to layers with no problems for a lot longer than ten years.

Are you looking at the exports with some other programme? If so, have a look at it with DataCad and check that the layers are kosher. If they are, you know where to point the finger.
#54034 by MtnArch
Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:12 pm
Chip -

Try exporting again, but look carefully at the options when you export. My guess is that something was checked that you didn't want/mean-to checked.

You might consider upgrading into the DC14 Beta program just to make sure that the DWG export is using the most up-to-date library possible. PLUS, you will know that you will continue to have the most updated program as possible!