Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#55561 by ROBERT PENN
Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:59 am
I have found that now when I export a drawing to dwg, the text with "Lock Size" toggled on is exporting at a very large scale, not at the expected scale. (ie much bigger than the drawn entities of the site or floor plan.)
Would I have a incorrect setting in my set up that is making the text do this? Surely I wouldn't need to turn Lock Size off before I export?
I'm not sure if this is happening with ALL text with Lock size on or just some.
#55571 by Mark Toce
Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:38 am
ROBERT PENN wrote:I have found that now when I export a drawing to dwg, the text with "Lock Size" toggled on is exporting at a very large scale, not at the expected scale. (ie much bigger than the drawn entities of the site or floor plan.)
Would I have a incorrect setting in my set up that is making the text do this? Surely I wouldn't need to turn Lock Size off before I export?
I'm not sure if this is happening with ALL text with Lock size on or just some.

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem when I tried it here. During export, text that has Lock Size enabled is exported at the real world size which DataCAD calculates based on the desired size and plot scale. The result is that the text looks the same when you open the file in AutoCAD.

Could you send me a copy of the drawing you're having trouble with, and let me know which text I should look at? Thanks!
#55654 by ROBERT PENN
Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:47 pm
I sent Mark the file and this is his response, for others that may be experiencing the same problem:

Mark Toce wrote:Thanks for sending the files. I can confirm that it is a bug, and I have logged a description so that we can fix it for the next update. The problem occurs exporting MText and PText entities when both "Lock Size" and "KnockOut" are enabled at the same time.

Thanks Mark! Looking forward to the update! :D