Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#4230 by jmorgan6
Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:16 pm
I have previously only imported autocad dwg files.

Now I need to export my drawings to dwg for an autocad user.

I can export a layer easily enough.

However, I need to convert my multiscale plot files to dwg

How??

John
:roll:
#6704 by sledge
Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:58 am
G'Day jmorgan6

This is one of the issues that I believe would help to push Dcads market share. If we could export what we see in multi layout and be assured that it would transfer as we see it in DataCad I believe that it would bring real functionallity for Datacad and autocad users alike

Disappointing that you have had to suffer the "cone of silence" over this issue for so long. I am sorry that my reply is not so much an answer as a gesture of support.

Regards
Sledge
#6705 by artmanvt2000
Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:46 am
John,
What is your purpose of export? Are you sending the drawings to engineers or others? We have found that if you save pdf files of the sheets you are sending really helps. Engineers usually just need our plans or sections for use as back grounds. If you are sending the drawings for review or estimate purposes why not just send the pdf files, the end user doesn't need to edit the drawings. We have also found by sending a pdf it lowers our risk of someone editting and releasing our drawings. I hope this information was at all helpful.