Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#67013 by rdberry
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:55 pm
Lately I've been working with a draftsman who is using acad. When I send him a dwg file, that I've exported from dcad to acad, it appears that some line types do not translate. I can't tell for sure.
For example, when I use a brick line to draw bricks or use a insulation line to drawing insulation in a section. Does that exports ok to acad? He says that I'm not drawing the bricks or insulation. Whick leads me to believe that the two programs do not always speak to each other very well.
#67014 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:46 pm
You need to check your export and import settings. In the Tools, Program Prefs, on the DFX/DWG tab make sure to set Import method to Interactively to have more control over the process. When importing the file back in you can map the incoming linetypes to different ones if needed and adjust the spacing. You can also use Autodesks TrueView to check your exported DWG file before sending, and then the DWG file you get in return before importing.