Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#70627 by gcarter
Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:36 pm
I'm using DCAD 19. I have a problem importing some rel 2007 DWG files. they stall during the entity loading stage. The current problem file stalls at 33%.
Is there anything I can do in DataCad or is there something I can advise the person sending the file.
I have seen reference to exploding proxies in ACAD. is there an easy way to identify these?
#70628 by MtnArch
Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:38 pm
If they are proxies may have to be exploded by whoever created them - though they may be able to be done in plain vanilla Acad.

If you forward the file(s) to me I can try and see what's going on and if I can get everything imported for you.
#70684 by gcarter
Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:49 pm
Hi Alan
Attached is the offending file. any assistance you can give would be much appreciated. I have changed extension to PDF so system will accept it

Regards

Geoff Carter
Attachments
(939.69 KiB) Downloaded 975 times
#70685 by MtnArch
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:46 pm
Hi Geoff -

Well, THAT was exciting! I did get the drawing to load up but it's almost 13mb's now! PM me with your e-mail address and I'll get it sent out to you.

There are some Xref's in the DWG file that weren't included, but I don't know if that was part of the problem.
#70728 by gcarter
Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm
Thanks Alan
Sorry didnt respond earlier - off on a weeks holiday. Email address is geoff@thecarters.net.nz
Do you have any idea of what the offending entities were or their layer?

Thanks and regards
Geoff