Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#70739 by cgarchitect
Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:26 pm
I have dacd version 19. I would like to know if there is a way to import a acad pentable into Datacad or do I have to edit a dcad pentable for this. I have the acad file pentable but if I open it as a text file its all code. I am trying to import a acad file into dcad and then have it print out with the proper pen weights.

I also noticed that when I import some acad files into datacad that some annotation like column bubbles or key note numbers are mirrored. Is there a way to adjust this in the import process?

I also noticed that Acad has several different types of dashed lines. Does anyone have a way to create a new line type that is equal to the dashed line types in ACAD?

Thanks
PJ
:D
#70740 by MtnArch
Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:53 pm
On the pen table you'll have to do it the hard way - there isn't any way to import the Acad one into Dcad.

I'll let others respond on the linetypes and text.
#70741 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:55 pm
You can use something like the free Autodesk True view or Dassault DraftSight to read the pen table to find out what the values are to create a Datacad equivalent pen table. As for the linetypes, check out the Datacad manual on using the built in Linetype creator feature. Should be pretty easy to create a dashed linetype to meet your needs.
#72098 by Ted B
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:54 am
While I don't export or share "live"drawings files often; I have a few cheat-sheets prepared outlining my office-standards, pen-weights and pen-colors to e-mail along with the files in to hope that the Autocad draftsman will be able to do a decent transition to Autocrap. I also send along a .PDF print of my drawings in it's printed-page form, and a copy of my principal .ttf-fonts.

It's inelegant and blunt-axe, but usually the engineers just need the layout and line-work to-scale, not the actual file structure.