Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#72026 by spencer5x5
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:16 pm
I am working in ver 17. I am currently working on an assisted living facility. I have 122 apartment units that I have xrefed into my plan. When I export the overall floor plan, the xrefs don't trans late. I've had this issue with Interior Designers as well. How can I handle XREF's to make it easy for ACADers to receive and read when I export the updated floor plans to them?
#72028 by DBrennfoerder
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:09 pm
When the dialog box opens up asking for file name and destination, there is an "XREF" box near the bottom. In that box, make sure "Export" is highlighted.
And for good measure, send a pdf of your composed sheet also, just in case there is any loss in translation, so they can see what you intended to send.
You might also ask what version they are using. We have a wide selection of issue dates for .dwg's that we can export to.