Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#6218 by csmckillip
Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:42 am
I have taken a job where all of the files that exist are in DWG format. There are two problems that I have been dealing with and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. During the import, the drawing is loosing the xref's. Should I first make all the dwg's a AEC file first, or do I have to manually insert these files back into the drawing. Next is that when the import is finished the lables (room lables) have a "U" infront of the text string, Living RM would read "ULiving RM". I don't have access to Autocad, and I don't have the time line to import all of the XRef's back into the drawings. Changing the text is not that important. Also there are some nested symbols in the drawing, where did the symexplode macro go? I read the user guide, and cannot find the funtion in the Layers section of Dcad.

BTW- I would like to thank Datacad for the import feature in the "open DWG dropdown menu". This was a great idea, a real time saver.
#6220 by Tony Blasio
Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:46 am
DataCAD currently does not support the import of XREFs from DWG. All will have to be reinserted.

The U is due to an ACAD function of underlining text that has the U in front. DCAD doesn't support this one.
#6236 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:45 pm
csmckillip wrote:...where did the symexplode macro go?

The "Sym Explode" macro was incorporated into regular DataCAD functions.
Enter on '3D Menus' and hit "F9 Explode" where you can make the "S3 Sym Explode".
Now you have other features that hadn't in the macro. You now can explode symbols into the original layers or the active layer, or even the layer where it is settled now.

It is actually very better. Please try it.

Thanks,
Miguel
#6238 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:23 pm
Greetings Chris,

Here's my keyboard shortcut for the new Symbol Explode:

Q^105#^S3^F1

Change the Q to the Alt-Letter that you want to use. The reason that you have to use this one, is the new file type has completely new layers and the old DCX macro won't work. (It may even crash DataCAD?) The other reason that you'l want to use it, is that with DSF (the new v11 symbol file), you can explode them onto their original layers; like the Stickyback macro did.

The new symbol explode it the way to go!