Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#9750 by cad-dad
Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:31 am
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me convert an old 'spirit' file into a format that I can use...

It seems that the version of spirit I have is not suited to installation on windows 2K! What a surprise.

If you can help me I would very much obliged.
#9751 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:02 am
Greetings & welcome,

I think that any .DC6 file can be read by DataCAD, simply by changing the extension to .DC5? To verify this, make a copy (Copy and Paste in Windows Explorer) and then Rename it with the DC5 extension -- and then hopefully DataCAD will open it!

IHTH
#9752 by cad-dad
Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:58 am
Dear Neil, Thank you for your response to my earlier posting.
The problem for me is that the software ('Spirit version 8') itself, seems incompatible with the operating system (win2K), and without building a machine to win95/98 architecture I believe the only option is to purchase DataCad for win2K (not likely to happen soon). Unless you or some other technically minded person were to be able to convert it on my behalf, to dxf.
Regards.

Neil Blanchard wrote:Greetings & welcome,

I think that any .DC6 file can be read by DataCAD, simply by changing the extension to .DC5? To verify this, make a copy (Copy and Paste in Windows Explorer) and then Rename it with the DC5 extension -- and then hopefully DataCAD will open it!

IHTH
#9753 by Tony Blasio
Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:20 am
You could download the free DataCAD 11 Demo on DataCAD's web-site then try Neil's suggestion. I would be happy to try it for you if you don't want to go that far.

Send me a PM and I will send you my e-mail address. I will try Neil's suggestion and if it worked I would send you the DWG or DXF.
#9761 by Paul Nida
Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:56 pm
It sounds to me like you own Spirit and not DataCAD, if that is the case you might want to check with the Spirit forum. I don't know the address but I understand they have a forum.