Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#10354 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:00 am
Hi all.

Here is a free .dwg veiwer that I really like -- "Free DWG Viewer" (by Brava!)...

http://www.bravaviewer.com (home page ... the viewer is on the bottom of the list on the left)

Of the half-dozen free .dwg viewers that I have installed, I like this one the best for verifying my DataCad .dwg exports.

One really cool feature, especially for doing a quick check that your .dwg exports worked reasonably correct, is that once you open a file, you can use the space bar to scroll through (open) each of the .dwg files in the folder.
#10375 by Heinrich
Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:25 pm
Good find, Steve.
Autodesk also has a free viewer for .dwf files that works great too.
Of course that requires the original to be exported to .dwf, witch for some reason, our engineers always seem to “forget how to do”. :wink:

-Redd
#10379 by Greg Blandin
Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:01 pm
It's just for viewing right? Doesn't allow you to print the files does it?
#10388 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Greg Blandin wrote:It's just for viewing right? Doesn't allow you to print the files does it?

Correct. It is disabled. I think you have to pay to get a version that prints.

I usually don't have too much of a need to print .dwgs from others, but when I do, I have to pick a different viewer.