Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#10933 by PDi
Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:00 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm an AutoCad 2000 user (the 'other' side I know :wink: ) with a question. Our firm is taking over a project from a retiring architect who uses DataCad, which version I'm not sure but could find out. He's sent me a couple of test files in .dwg format which seem to work out well. my question is, is there some kind of 'pack' command or export feature that includes plotting and/or pen style information? for example, when I send our files to another AutoCad user I can include our 'plot style' file which has a .ctb extension, so that when they plot our files the lineweights come out the same. I'm basically looking for a way to insure that all the different colors (or lineweights) he has specified come our the same when we plot files on our end. maybe that's with a plotter config. file? My experience with DataCad is about zero and the DataCad user seems to have limited knowledge so I was hoping someone here could help.

thanks in advance!