Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#25672 by Vmorris1
Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:13 pm
Can someone tell me where I can find instructions for accessing an AutoCAD drawing in DataCAD v12?
Each time I try to import any AutoCAD file all layers are turned on, AutoCAD layouts (paper space) are gone.

1) Do I need to do something with the Default Drawing?
2) Do I need to do something with the Translator Settings File"?
#25675 by Ben at TJB Architects
Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:03 pm
You don't need to import...you can open it directly.
At the "Open" dialog window go down to the "File of Types" drop-box and select DWG.
Way better than importing...imo.
#25677 by Vmorris1
Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:23 am
Hi Ben,

I have done what you have suggested a few times with the following results.

1) The application will launch
2) then use the default drawing
3) then do its thing in the background for translation
4) finally display the autocad drawing. (All layers on with no way of determining what the autocad layouts are which I assume in datacad would be GTV.
#25686 by Vmorris1
Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:05 pm
Hello Neil,

Thanks for the feedback. Based on your answer does that mean whenever someone provides a drawing document from AutoCAD it has to be in model space only?

How would we deal with a consultant who has all of his drawings in one file since there is no GTV type function that datacad can latch on to? What would an AutoCAD consultant have to do at his end for DataCAD to see it correctly at it's end?