Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#27543 by adamD
Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:35 pm
I recently saved out a DataCAD 3d model as a DXF to bring into a trail version of E-on Vue 6 infinite. I had several problems bringing it into the program, so I tried some other models and had no problem with Vue. I then tried opening the new model in Lightwave and could do it easily.

So I guess my question is, is there something I may have done in my new model that I didnt do in other models that would cause a problem. Or is the problem DataCAD version 11 and it has already been solved in version 12. Or is E-on just a horrible program to use for DataCAD 3d models?

Any thoughts would be useful.
#27551 by Michael Olney
Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 pm
If I remember correctly, there is a problem with Vue 6 and DXF files with 2D entities. Try to erase all such entities before you export. I've heard that this is a common problem with people exporting models to DXF from a CAD program (not just DataCAD). Until they (e-onsoftware) fix this, a workaround is to either import the DXF into Sketchup (Vue 6 can open Sketchup files), or, if you have DataCAD 12, export it to a 3DS file instead of DXF. I haven't been able to play with DataCAD's 3DS export very much yet (very busy with work lately), but I've heard that that it works well.