Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#29190 by MtnArch
Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:59 pm
#40727 by Design&CodeGuy
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:05 pm
I just wanted to bring this message back to the front.

I am now in a position where i too am needing to provide work into the dwg world.

I am learning how to clear many of the hurtles such as text size, dimension scale, fonts, and correct color translation.
Most of these were thanks to folks here on the forum.
THANK YOU!!!!!

With that said, we still have issues with inserting bitmaps and the like.

To those with experience working in this bi-cad world, your thoughts, advice and experience would be greatly appreciated.
#66394 by customcontracting
Tue May 12, 2015 8:02 pm
I too have used DataCad sine 3.4? and am told either learn AutoCAD or no more work Why is it so hard to convert :cry:
I have tried to use it (once ) I didn't like it and have just refused since then, but I have an engineer that will give me as much work as I want " in AutoCAD :x
whishlist ... translate... :P
#66395 by MtnArch
Tue May 12, 2015 10:06 pm
There are jobs available for DataCAD drafters, depending on your location, experience, etc. If you feel you need to learn another cadd program to provide for your family, you will need to spend the time to learn how the other program works - and it's best NOT to approach it with "Why doesn't this work like DataCAD?!?!" (because you'll only get MORE frustrated!).
#66396 by joshhuggins
Tue May 12, 2015 10:31 pm
Yeah the quality of the DWG translation is becoming an issue for several of my co-workers. This is something I have been meaning to see if maybe we could spend some time on troubleshooting with Datacad LLC.