Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#30394 by rizza
Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:38 am
My company is considering merging with another company that uses DataCAD. I would like to know the best practice to export DataCAD to AutoCAD? I am interested in preserving layers, text, dimensions, linework, etc without having to spend much or anytime recreating the details or drawings in AutoCAD when opened. Will these layers translate? Will the text stay in tact?

Also, can DataCAD support lisp files or scripts to automate this export procress? The company has a large detail library and we want to make this as smooth as possible.

Thanks for your help…
#30567 by Daniel Kaczor
Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:25 pm
rizza wrote:My company is considering merging with another company that uses DataCAD. I would like to know the best practice to export DataCAD to AutoCAD? I am interested in preserving layers, text, dimensions, linework, etc without having to spend much or anytime recreating the details or drawings in AutoCAD when opened. Will these layers translate? Will the text stay in tact?

Rather than converting the DataCAD firm's files to Acad, you will probably find a greater level of productivity by converting YOUR office to DataCAD.

HTH