Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#35929 by idahobuilder
Mon May 12, 2008 11:05 am
I am using Datacad LT 11. I am trying to open a .dwg I received via email. I save the file to my Datacad drawings file, then try to open it in Datacad. The program feezes while "Analyzing". I have to force close the program. I then restart the program, try to open the file again, and receive a "Cannot open file. File Decompression Error: 105". I can open other .dwg's from other sources without problems. Is this a problem with the file I am receiving? Can the sender change a setting on his end so I can open it?
#35932 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 12, 2008 11:23 am
Greetings,

Is this DWG larger than the others? Possibly you are running up against the file size limit of DataCAD LT? If you like, you could email me the file, and I could send you back a v11 AEC -- if it is too large for LT, I could purge unused symbols, etc. to make it small enough to work for you. Send me a PM and I'll give you my email address.