Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#38653 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:01 am
Hello,

I've imported a drawing from DWG format and got a unique behavior, which I can't remember to have faced before:

It was identified as an M-Text feature but the first thing that brought me attention was the Font identified: an unknown TXH format.
How could this font be imported but the translator not be aware of it ?
When in the DWG Importation dialog the engine did identify only two fonts in the source file: ARIAL and ROMANS.

The additional characters introduced in the first text string are actually a Windows code from the letter "ã" ("a" with a tilde). (Actually I don't know what for is this code used.)

The usual is to transform a character with the ASCII Extended code table (Alt+0227):

Can be the font unidentified because it came inside an M-Text feature ?

I'm not aware if it was created by an original Autocad or an external application. It's an Hydraulics project.

Thanks,
Miguel
#38654 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:10 am
Miguel Palaoro wrote:It was identified as an M-Text feature but the first thing that brought me attention was the Font identified: an unknown TXH format.
How could this font be imported but the translator not be aware of it ?l

Miguel:

When MText is Identified, menu postion F2 is its Layer and not its Font.

Dave
#38657 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:42 am
You're right (as usual) Mr G. :oops:

So, figured that this is not the source of the problem.

In another point of this same drawing, our well known set of characters which stands for the diameter in (old ?) Autocad is present. After edited M-Text contents it can be brought right.

I've checked the drawing version and it's AC 1015 (DWG R2000/2002). (At least the last version saved!)

Thanks,
Miguel
#38658 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:59 am
Miguel Palaoro wrote:In another point of this same drawing, our well known set of characters which stands for the diameter in (old ?) Autocad is present. After edited M-Text contents it can be brought right.

Miguel:

Yes, this has pointed out an error in the DWG import process. MText entities are not going through the same special character translation as does regular text. I've corrected it for the next version.

Dave
#38687 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:48 pm
That's good news, Dave.

Thank you,
Miguel
#38789 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:49 pm
Hello Dave,

The conversion with special characters like diameter came right, but the accented letter still didn't, in an M-Text entity from an Autocad .DWG drawing.

Here is an image of the drawing note where this informations is typed.
The diameter symbol is appearing correctly, while the accented "é" do not.

Here is the character table for Arial TTF where appears the codes for this character, at left and at right:

Hope you can find the association.

Thanks,
Miguel