Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#40119 by csmckillip
Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:24 am
I am currently working with both Datacad 12 and Autocad 2009, I like both programs and find both have strong points of opperation, I would like to figure out (1) why Datacad exports DCADTXTSTYLE for every font when I use the same SHX Fonts for both programs, and (2) Why after I export the DWG back into Autocad and change the DCADTXTSTYLE back to "Standard" that I can not remove or delete the DCADTXTSTYLE from the Font pulldown menu.

Datacad is creating a font style that can not be removed.
#40135 by Tony Blasio
Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:23 am
Now I am far from an expert in AutoCAD. It has been about 10-12 years since I used it for actual work.

I want to say that since DataCAD does not use text styles the way ACAD does that it creates that style for ACAD to comply with how it works. As I rememebr (and memory could be bad) ACAD requires a text style for any text entered. If so then any text that is assigned the DCADTXTSTYLE would be linked to it and if you awant to remove it you would need to change the style of any existing text first.

I could be wrong on this and please someone more in the know post on this to either confirm or bust this theory.
#40149 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:32 pm
Hi Chris,

I'm not an expert in Autocad, but I suspect AJ is right.

IMHO, who creates this textstyles is Autocad, to handle it internally.

HTH,
Miguel
#40159 by csmckillip
Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:10 pm
Got it,
You have to select all text, then change the properties to Standard style, Then you have to purge the drawing before any text style can be removed.

For every font that is in a Datacad DWG, a different style is created.

Thanks
#40725 by Design&CodeGuy
Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:43 pm
I have been working through this and have found that even the same font such a RomanC or S is not the same as it is in AutoCAD.
In AutoCAD a 6" high letter is 6"
In DataCAD the 6" includes the line space or row to row.

My fix was to go to AutoCAD and copy all of the fonts into DataCAD's fonts (overwriting as necessary) and now they behave the same in both CAD programs.

Hope this helps.