Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#40559 by joeferguson
Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:18 am
Hello the forum

I have reviewed forum topics for a couple of hours and cannot find this challenge discussed. (Funny how I seem to attract the unique challenges)

My associate has worked several weeks on a large project, now the client insists on viewing it as a .dwg. He asked me if I could export his DataCAD v.12 .aec file to a dwg.

Should be no problem as I have exported many times in the past with reasonable success. (still haven't got text size and fonts right)

However, this time, when I export, DataCAD goes through its usual thinking process and creates a dwg file but when I go to open it in AutoCAD (yes, I keep a copy just for times like this) the autoCAD file opens with a blank screen and the following error message:

"Invalid layout objects found, resetting all layout defaults"

Has anybody experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

joe
#40584 by joeferguson
Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:00 pm
Hi Neil,

Good to hear from you.

I exported to R14 and tried to open with Acad 2007

Joe
#40585 by joeferguson
Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:03 pm
Hello again Neil.

Thought you might be on to something there so I exported as ACad 2007-2009 and then tried to open with ACAD 2007.

Same result.

joe