Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#43038 by ornet
Wed May 13, 2009 6:28 am
I have been asked to send a handle/lisp report from a DataCAD drawing. I know that Autocad has this ability but I don't know about DataCAD. Does this exist and if it does how does it work?
Any help will be much appreciated.....
Mel
#43047 by joshhuggins
Wed May 13, 2009 12:16 pm
LISP is a programming language, but I am not familure with the term handle/lisp report. Do you know what type of data they are looking for in the report.
#43061 by ornet
Thu May 14, 2009 3:42 am
This is some sort of report that lists all the entities etc. in a drawing and associates each entity with a number. This way when there is a error with something drawn you can know exactly where the error is. For some reason we are having problems with polylines when exporting to dwg and I was asked to send an error report.
#43065 by joshhuggins
Thu May 14, 2009 10:27 am
What type of problems are you having with the polylines? There is no public Datacad tool to get the info they are wanting, plus they wouldn't understand it anyway since Datacad doesn't work with DWG files directly, just exports out to DWG. If the file actually completes the DWG export process and they can open the the file then they can run whatever on it on their end if they think it would help, but I would post more infor here on what the problem is and see if someone here has an answer and if not emailing tech support can usually solve the problem, give you some suggestions or at least give you a explination or some ideas to try.
#43099 by ornet
Sun May 17, 2009 6:57 am
Thank you, I'll try and get more information from the client.