Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#43430 by boerewors
Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:16 am
Whenever I open a .dwg file created on autocad in our office, the text translation screen shows a TTfont called 'Cityblueprint' for which I have to choose a Datacad alternative.

There is no such file in the autocad options and it does not exist as a TTF on the pc's which generate the .dwg files. So where does this come from. Any ideas? I could install this TTF file from another pc onto mine, but none have this font installed .... Regards
Pierre Jordaan Shaftesbury UK
#43432 by Mark Toce
Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:48 am
Cityblueprint is indeed a Windows True Type Font. If it does not exist in the C:\Windows\Fonts\ folder of the computer where the drawing was created, perhaps the name is embedded in the template drawing used to create new files on that computer. Use the "Purge" command in AutoCAD to remove unused text styles from the file, and then try importing it again to see if it removed the font.
#43433 by boerewors
Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:38 am
Thanks Mark. I've tried the purge option but it is still there. As it is not being used for the text, I'll ignore it. It could be a leftover of the very primitive way that autocad is used in the office, 'inherited' files being recirculated ... . Thanks Pierre