Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#44644 by boerewors
Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:59 am
Does Datacad V12 08 03 07 support autocrud light 2010. I'm having diffuculty opening a drawing. Datacad creates a file but no drawing appears. Do I have to ask ver a previous version file .dwg?
#44646 by Martell
Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:14 am
Hello boerewors,

I think you mean ACAD LT with autocrud light.
If you have problems to open DWG files, use the Autodesk program TrueView. It´s free, and you can watch or convert all DWG files from 9 to 2010.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=6703438

Martell
#44653 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 pm
boerewors wrote:Does Datacad V12 08 03 07 support autocrud light 2010. I'm having diffuculty opening a drawing. Datacad creates a file but no drawing appears. Do I have to ask ver a previous version file .dwg?

Have you tried "ZOOM - Extents" (Z-E)?

Quite a number of times I've had consultants call me, and it turns out that they didn't think to Zoom-Extents.

Since then I have always opened the exported file with either ACAD or a viewer program to make sure the consultant was getting what he needed...

Aaron
#44655 by wolverine
Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:20 pm
You could also try http://www.doublecad.com/

Works like AutoCAD LT. But Free.
Need an extra AutoCAD LT® seat for drafting & detailing?

DoubleCAD XT™ is an AutoCAD LT work-alike. But free.

Powerful 2D CAD capabilities -- and great .DWG and .SKP compatibility -- make DoubleCAD XT an invaluable free companion to both AutoCAD and SketchUp™, too.

I have not used the program yet myself, but this could be a way to open the drawing and make sure your getting everything into DataCAD that is in the file.

Regards,

John