Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#44759 by Nick Pyner
Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:58 pm
Your problem is that it isn't in DataCad either. You just get to look at the picture through DataCad.

The first thing you need top do is to determine if it reallly is necessary to include the picture, and leave it out if possible.

When you export as DWG, the picture doesn't get included but the polyline it occupies does. I believe the AutoCad user can re-insert the picture. You have to send the picture along with all the other stuff and advise the AutoCad user what to do.

Note that so long as the picture is in the same folder as the .AEC at both ends, there is no problem sending pictures with DataCad files.
#44760 by HyderHF
Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:13 pm
I was afraid of that might be the case!..thank you Nick
#44762 by HyderHF
Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:00 pm
Neil, I tried , and it did not work ..thanks anyway..
#44767 by HyderHF
Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:08 pm
Neil, my plan is to send the PDF (for the looks)..along w/cad file and the image ..the issue we all sometimes deal with..are dealing w/Clients and thier Project Managers ...who inherently do not want to deal with modifying Cad files they recieved simple as that...Further, going forward I am planning to use the exported AutoDWG and try to re-insert the image...!
Thanks for all your input...