Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#49306 by dannac
Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:52 pm
I assigned different material to 4 layers.

Material not showing on all layers.

Beam and bolts show material/texture.

Red and blue objects kept layer color .... not material/texture assigned.

#49317 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 pm
dannac wrote:I assigned different material to 4 layers.
Material not showing on all layers.
Beam and bolts show material/texture.
Red and blue objects kept layer color .... not material/texture assigned.

Hi Danna,

There are two "generic" assignment modes in the material handling: By Layer and By Color.
It looks to me that you're using the assignment mode of "Materials By Layer".

Besides this mode and the other one (By Color) there is one additional mode which is "Per Entity" assignment, which overlaps any assignment from the general basis.
Probably this is the case here.

These both pieces might be assigned on a "By Entity" mode, that don't obbey any of the generic assignment.

A simple reassignment will address your issue.

HTH,
Miguel
#49321 by dannac
Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:59 pm
Thanks Miguel

View - Rendering - Material by Color (was checked)

View - Rendering - Settings - Material by Color (was checked)

Where do I find "Per Entity" assignment ?
#49334 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:32 am
dannac wrote:...Where do I find "Per Entity" assignment ?

Hummm!!

Sounds like the original assignment was made on a DataCAD version that supports this third option: It could be DC 12 or X3.

I'm not familiar with O2C Interactive operation, and AFAIK it was released before this option to come up.
Have you access to a DataCAD version 12 or X3 to reassign materials ?

I'd say that you should redefine materials, before using it into o2C Intercative. On the reassignment you might swap from "By Entity" to a "By Color" basis, allowing "O2C Int" to be aware of material settings.

A sidenote: Actually, when o2c Intercative was released, if I'm not mistaken the finishing materials were assigned directly from the "texture" bitmap, not a "material" per se, like is available today.
Then, is understandable that this engine have some limitations for its performance today.

HTH,
Miguel
#49335 by dannac
Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:45 am
I'm using X3.

Not using "o2c Interactive" (if that is the o2c you need purchase seperately)

I'm using the o2c built into X3, only see 2 choices : by layer or by material

Sorry for the confusion .... thanks for the reply.
#49339 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:46 am
dannac wrote:I'm using X3.

Not using "o2c Interactive" (if that is the o2c you need purchase seperately)
I'm using the o2c built into X3, only see 2 choices : by layer or by material
Sorry for the confusion .... thanks for the reply.

Oops! That clarifies much more.

At start, identify the red and blue objects and check "what" are them, actually, in the drawing. Might be symbols. If they are symbols, probably the materials were assigned "By Entity".

If are symbols you will need to "Edit" each symbol individually. At follow Control+right-click on it and choose Symbol -> Tools -> Edit Symbol.
If they are not symbols just put your cursor over each one of this objects and Control+right-click to verify material attached.

The famous third option, to assing material "per Entity", is allowed only Control+right-clicking on an entity/surface.
Doing that you'll be presented to a context menu which allows you to choose among both options: By Color (or By Layer which toggles among) and By Entity.

From there you're free to choose a material to assign. On the dialog you'll be allowed to load another material inside the current drawing, to edit an existant, and even to create a new material, etc...

Good luck!
Miguel
#49354 by dannac
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:13 am
Thanks Miguel ....

your thorough explanation has solved the problem.
#49355 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:39 am
I'm glad to help.

Regards,
Miguel
#49359 by Daniel Kaczor
Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:25 am
You can also assign materials by entity using Change, More..., Material. Plus you can put that in on a quick key, icon, or alias and get to the material menu faster. And. you can change several entities at a time, instead of Ctrl+right mouse on each entity.